Lemon Lavender Syrup
When I follow Whole30 I'm always looking for compliant drink options (no sugar, alcohol, or additives). This recipe quickly became one of my favourites – a simple (sugar free!) syrup to mix with sparkling water. Citrus is in season and this would taste delicious in a gin fizz as well – enjoy!
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp organic / cooking grade lavender flowers
Keeps well in the fridge for up to two weeks
- Put lavender in a tea ball and combine with lemon juice and water in a small pot.
- Bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 3 hours.
- Mix 1 tbsp with soda water (or gin to make a fizz) and enjoy!